Benefits of Early Engagement of a PMC
Early engagement of OTI can provide benefits at all stages of the project.
These processes are outlined below:
Initiation and Planning Process
- Incorporation of Owner’s Corporate philosophy factors that may influence or direct the project delivery
- Integration of the Owner’s cultures, influences and corporate structures to create a strongly cohesive team for project implementation
- Understanding the corporate knowledge base for the integration of project information
- Defining business and project stakeholder involvement to align and balance overall strategies and objectives for the business and project
- Bridging of study and preliminary design outputs into Contractor scope of works and the Owner’s project wide capital cost estimate
- Development of project execution plan including inputs of scope, quality, safety, schedule, cost and resources
- Identification analysis of project risk and opportunities utilising AS31000 tools and techniques
- Planning of stakeholder management through the project lifecycle
- Development of procurement strategy and intent for engagement of contractors and suppliers at tender.
Execution and Control Process
- Implementation of project execution plan including, contract administration, project communications, documents control, and stakeholder engagement
- Monitoring and control of the project via defined change control processes, scope validation, quality control, schedule analysis, cost control through design, supply and installation phases
- Safety performance monitoring and inspections based on pro-active reporting and trend analysis.
- Closing inspections and acceptance of deliverables and installations to defined project completions
- Contractor and vendor closing supply and work performance reviews and reports
- Closeout for each rolling phase of the project inclusive of process asset updates, and project knowledge transfers.